Fowler College of Business lists several options below for the students to find an internship or a job abroad. Besides these, there are other ways too in which a student can look for jobs or internships. According to the Labor Department, people "will have 10 to 14 jobs by age 38." In addition, Richard Riley, former Education Secretary added that "the top 10 jobs that will be in demand (don't yet exist) and they will be using technologies that haven't been invented. In order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet."
- Internships are offered via exchange programs at John Cabot University, Deakin University (Part-Time), SRH University Heidelberg (Part-Time, guarantee at a business incubator) while you are taking courses in Germany (Full-time) and part-time and full-time in Mexico, at UDLA in Puebla, Mexico and at ITSEM campus Mexico City.
- UAS7 is an alliance of seven leading universities of applied sciences (UAS) in Germany, recognized for their excellence in teaching, their strong professional and international orientation and their focus on applied research. UAS7 is offering study and/or internship program at one of their universities with 1000 € scholarship and waived tuition. Please click here - UAS to view the flyer or visit UAS7 website to get more information.
- AIESEC is the world’s largest student-run organization, present in over 124 countries, with a network of more than 60,000 members and 945,000 alumni. The organization focuses on providing a platform for youth leadership development. AIESEC US offers young people the opportunity to be global citizens through volunteer and internship opportunities abroad. We provide the chance for others to experience and change the world as well as to gain skills that matter today.
- Another great source to find an internship is www.iagora.com
- Career Services has added a website, "Going Global", where you can find both internships and jobs abroad. You need to register with the Career Services first in order to have access to this program. It is free for SDSU students. After you register and enter the secure part of the Career Services site, you will find the Going Global link on the website
- Fullbright Program: There are several opportunities to find a job through this program. Please attend one of the information session for more details on how to apply.
- The CBYX for Young Professionals program is intended primarily for young adults in business, vocational, scientific, engineering, technical, and agricultural fields, though applicants from all fields are encouraged to apply. Participants actively participate in securing their internship positions with assistance from CDS's partner organization in Germany, InWEnt, and are expected to cover incidental expenses as well as represent the U.S. diplomatically while abroad. For more information, please contact CBYX at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (212) 497-3522.
- The British Universities North America Club (BUNAC) - The British Universities North America Club, a nonprofit organization, offers an easy, low cost way to experience the everyday life and culture of other countries through work and travel.
- Internship in Florence - Intern in Florence offers a wide range of internships in numerous locations, giving you all the flexibility you need to get the right internship at the right time in your academic career. Select a program from a month to a year in length. We encourage you to stay as long as you can to get the most out of your internship placement and immerse yourself in the culture.
The questions if how do you prepare for this type of volatile job market? You need to keep your options open for a career full of changes. To help you navigate this type of environment we have created this part of the web site to give you a glimpse of some of the options that will be available to you.
Self Employment Option
Southwestern College through their Small Business Development Center, offers outstanding opportunities to prepare and support entrepreneurs. Their Youth Entrepreneurship Program is free and will prepare you to start your own business. Visit the San Diego Center for International Trade Development website to explore this program and the additional services that they offer.
- Fullbright Program - There are several opportunities to find a job abroad through this program. Please attend one of their information sessions for more details on how to apply.
- Adventure Teaching: Opportunities to teach abroad
- We hope that these opportunities open the world for you!
SDSU Career Services
Career Services has added a website, "Going Global", where you can find both internships and jobs abroad. You need to register with the Career Services first in order to have access to this program. It is free for SDSU students. After you register and enter the secure part of the Career Services site, you will find the Going Global link on the website.